Exercises of Activity Book
1 Complete and match
- She woke up while the plane was landing.
Picture b (1)
- They collected their suitcases while she was sleeping.
Picture d (2)
- They had lunch while they waiting.
Picture a (3)
- He put suitcases in the car while she was talking.
Picture c (4)
- She started to cry while they checking in.
Picture e (5)
2 Read and circle
- Kareem took photos while he walked / was walking in the park.
- I ate an apple while I was watching / watched TV.
- They were having / had a coffee while they were waiting at the airport.
- We saw / were seeing our friends while we were shopping in town.
- Muna sent an email while she was listening / listened to the radio.
Mr and Mrs Najjar and their son Khaled went to Beirut.
- Khaled / wait / they / check in.
Khaled waited while they were checking in.
- Mrs Najjar / buy book / she / wait.
Mrs Najjar bought a book while she was waiting.
- They / talk / they / board the plane.
They talked while they were boarding the plane.
- Mrs Najjar / read book / they / take off.
Mrs Najjar read a book while they were taking off.
- Khaled / wake up / plane / land.
Khaled woke up while the plane was landing.
- they / phone us / they / collect the suitcases.
They phoned us while they were collecting the suitcases.
5 Read and complete
Flying to Abu Dhabi
- Majeda had never flown in a plane before.
- There were a lot of people at the airport.
- Majeda’s sister Alia started to play while they were checking in.
- They had lunch in restaurant while they were waiting.
- When they landed they phoned their friends.
6 Rewrite the last paragraph
They enjoyed their journey. Alia played with her teddy bear while they were flying. She / Majeda read her book. They ate a meal while they were flying, too. When they landed they phoned their friends. They had a fantastic holiday!
7 Complete and say
waited watched ran looked
- Hussein ran in the park.
- They waited for hours.
- She watched a DVD.
- Alia looked for here teddy bear.
8 Match and complete
- Did Faisal make sandwiches for lunch?
d. No, he didn’t. He made meat arayes.
- Did you drink a glass of water?
c. No, I didn’t. I drank a glass of milk.
- Did Ghada visit her cousins?
a. No, she didn’t. She visited her grandparents.
- Did they go to the library?
f. No, they didn’t. They went to the museum.
- Did Asma meet her friends in café?
b. No, she didn’t. She met her friends in the park.
- Did Heba tidy up her bedroom?
e. No, she didn’t. She tidied up the living room.
إعداد : شبكة منهاجي التعليمية
02 / 04 / 2023