Exercises of Activity Book
1 Read and complete
Fatima: What (1) are you doing (do) on Saturday, Nadia?
Nadia: I (2) ‘m going (go) shopping with my mother. Then we (3) ‘re having (have) lunch with my aunt. Would you like to come?
Fatima: I'm sorry Nadia, I can't. I (4) ‘m helping (help) Mum at home on Saturday.
Nadia: That's okay. What (5) are you doing (do) on Sunday? Are you free?
Fatima: Yes, I think so but I need to ask Mum. Why?
Nadia: We (6) ‘re taking (take) my little brother, Omar, to the
park. Would you like to come?
Fatima: That sounds nice. Can I tell you this afternoon?
Nadia: Yes, of course. I hope that you can come.
2 Read and write
visit go meet watch
- Mahmoud is visiting his grandparents on Saturday.
- Samia is playing tennis on Friday at the sports centre.
- We are watching a football match on TV on Thursday.
- I am meeting my friends on Wednesday.
- Muneer and Tareq are going to a museum on Tuesday.
3 Read and circle Yes or No
- What is Ziad doing on Friday afternoon? He's playing football with Omar.
No. He's playing tennis with Omar.
- What is Huda doing on Saturday morning? She's having breakfast in a restaurant.
- What is Ziad doing on Saturday morning? He's going shopping with his parents.
No. He's having breakfast with his parents.
- What is Huda doing on Friday afternoon? She's going to the zoo.
- What is Ziad doing on Saturday afternoon? He's going skating with his friends.
No. He's going swimming with his friends.
- What is Huda doing on Saturday afternoon? She's going to the museum with Alia.
No. She's going skating with Alia.
5 Read and circle
Today we are going to visit many places in Jordan. Laila and I are going to Haya Cultural Centre next weekend. We're going with my uncle and aunt. We are very excited. Would you and your sister Rabab like to come with us? Uncle Hussein is driving us there. He is coming to our house at ten o'clock. We can drive to your house at about half past ten. We're visiting The Children's Museum in the morning. We can learn about space and the history of Jordan there. Then we're having lunch. Aunt Salma is preparing a picnic for us. She's making a chicken salad with tomatoes and olives. After lunch, there's a festival of traditional music. I think it will be fascinating and really fun.
I hope you can come.
See you soon!
- Abbas and Laila are going to Haya Cultural Centre next week / weekend.
- Uncle Hussein is coming to Abbas and Laila's house at 10.00 / 10.30 a.m.
- They're visiting The Children's Museum in the morning / afternoon.
- Aunt Salma is making / buying lunch.
- They're going to a festival of traditional dance / music in the afternoon.
6 Read and answer
- Who is Abbas inviting to Haya Cultural Centre?
He is inviting Khaled and his sister Rabab.
- At what time can they drive to Khaled's house?
They can drive to Khaled's house at about half past ten.
- What are they having for lunch?
They're having chicken salad, tomatoes and olives./ They're having a picnic for lunch.
- What are they doing after lunch?
They're going to a festival of traditional music.
- Do you like to go on day trips? Why?
Why not? Pupils' own answers.
7 Match and say. Listen and check
racquet skating park tennis station reserve
- tennis racquet.
- theme nature reserve.
- nature bowling alley.
- football table tennis.
- bowling theme park.
- ice football match.
- table ice-skating.
- train train station.
8 Write and say. Listen and check
- to / zoo / going / on / they're / the / Friday
They're going to the zoo on Friday.
- doing / I'm / after / homework / my / school
I'm doing my homework after school.
- the / park / water / We're / tomorrow / to / going
We're going to the water park tomorrow.
- going / the / Dad / sailing / weekend / is / at
Dad is going sailing at the weekend.
- going / Mum / market / the / to / Saturday / on / is
Mum is going to the market on Saturday.
إعداد : شبكة منهاجي التعليمية
28 / 08 / 2022